Consumer Banking Solutions That Are Right on Target
Baird’s Consumer Banking team facilitates the successful sale of GSM Outdoors, a leading provider of hunting, shooting and outdoor accessories.
Following its acquisition of GSM Outdoors in 2016, Huron Capital provided a new perspective, resources and capital to accelerate the growth of one the sector’s most innovative and technologically advanced hunting and shooting sports platforms. This partnership was remarkably successful in a short period, enabling Huron to fulfill its investment objectives in only 18 months. As such, GSM and Huron enlisted the Baird team to seek out a new partner for GSM that would help guide the platform through the next phase of its growth trajectory.
A Successful Outcome
After reviewing several well-qualified proposals, Huron and GSM identified a partner that was a perfect fit along a number of critical dimensions:
- Alignment with GSM’s vision on a go-forward growth strategy
- Thorough understanding of GSM’s value proposition to retailers and consumers alike
- Strong cultural fit with GSM’s passionate and ambitious management team
- Eagerness to support the GSM platform through internal investments and strategic acquisitions
- Aggressive incentive packages that rewarded performance
This transaction not only provided GSM the opportunity to hand pick its next partner, but also enabled Huron to exit its position at a premium valuation through a highly efficient process.
How Baird Facilitated This Transaction
As the exclusive financial advisor to GSM, Baird was able to leverage its unparalleled relationships and experience in the sporting goods and outdoor products sectors to deliver a successful outcome for all parties.
- Unparalleled relationships – A leading advisor in the category, Baird utilized its well-established relationships with the key decision-makers and the most relevant potential buyers to determine which firms would have the greatest interest in GSM and would compete the hardest to win.
- Targeted, high-touch process – After identifying the most likely potential buyers for GSM, Baird carefully designed a process that enabled intimate dialogues and frequent interaction with the potential buyers that were most focused on successfully acquiring GSM.
- Expert process management – By design, Baird cultivated and drove a competitive, yet efficient, process throughout the transaction that ultimately provided a suite of options at attractive valuations in only four months.
- Thoughtful timing and preparation – Baird timed the process to accelerate off the momentum created by a key trade event, Shot Show in Las Vegas, leveraging it as a platform to engage high-potential buyers early in the process.
Contact Baird’s Consumer team to discuss this transaction, the current conditions in the M&A market and our expertise in the sporting goods and outdoor products sector.
Baird’s Consumer Team
The transactions were selected for their relevance to our Global Industrial experience and do not represent all Baird transactions. View our website at www.rwbaird.com/investment-banking for a full list of transactions.